We are excited to reopen the Discovery Centre and with your help provide a safe and fun destination for your family. With reopening comes some operational changes to ensure both the safety of our visitors and the sanitization of our space.
To protect the health and safety of its members, visitors, staff, and volunteers during COVID-19, Discovery Centre is following the recommendation of health officials who have advised that physical distancing is a critical measure to reducing the spread of COVID-19. We thank all our visitors for their patience as we do our part to keep you safe.
Online Admission Tickets
All rates are subject to a 15% tax and will be added on during the admission process.
|2 years & Under||FREE
|Child (3+)||$12 + HST
|Adult (18+)||$15 + HST
|Senior (65+)||$12 + HST
|Family of 4||$48 + HST
In order to monitor capacity and follow Nova Scotia Public Health Authority guidelines, we ask that you now purchase your admission tickets online before arriving at the Discovery Centre. For members this will mean selecting the ‘member’ ticket type for each family member coming to the Centre. If you wish to pay by cash or gift card please select ‘Pay in Store’. Every visitor requires a ticket.
Tickets are only valid for the timeslot purchased (9:00am-12:00pm or 1:00pm-4:00pm). You may arrive at any time during your timeslot, however, in order to give staff time to clean during the changeover, all visitors must leave at the end of their timeslot, regardless of when they arrived.
Tickets are not transferable to another time or date. Tickets are non-refundable.
Please note that children 12 and under are not permitted entrance to the Discovery Centre without accompaniment parent/guardian or caregiver 18 years or older.
What to Expect
Several measures have been put in place to ensure visitor safety including:
- Designated routes on each floor to help enforce physical distancing
- Focused cleaning on high touch surfaces
- Products such as hand sanitizer are readily available
- High interaction areas such as the front desk and café have been enclosed
- Staff will be wearing non-medical masks or alternative PPE
- A staff member will greet your family at the door, scan your ticket, and explain some of our new procedures
How You Can Help
- Purchase admission tickets online before your visit
- Stay with your group during your visit
- Maintain physical distancing between groups
- Follow designated routes
- Wash/sanitize hands frequently
- Wearing a mask is mandatory during your visit
- Delay your visit if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
Dome Theatre Closure
The Dome Theatre is currently closed.
The Discovery Centre is fully wheelchair accessible, including the Dome Theatre.
Bird’s Nest Café is located on Level 3 and available to all visitors.
*hours and menu is subject to change without notice
We are located at 1215 Lower Water Street, between Bishop’s Landing and the Halifax Seaport Market, along the waterfront.