To protect the health and safety of its members, visitors, staff, and volunteers during growing concern over COVID-19 (Coronavirus) the Discovery Centre will be temporarily closed to the public beginning Monday, March 16th until further notice.
As an organization dedicated to science and education, Discovery Centre is following the recommendation of health officials who have advised that social distancing is a critical measure to reducing the spread of novel coronavirus. We thank all our visitors for their patience as we do our part to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause, particularly for those families who planned to make the Discovery Centre part of their March Break. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Detailed information, including testing data, is available here:
- The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)’s website for the latest outbreak update on COVID-19
- Call the Health Canada 2019 COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397. Interpretation services are available in multiple languages. Or email:
- Follow Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam, on Twitter: @CPHO_Canada
- Learn more about the PHAC COVID-19 Preparedness Guide
- Learn more about COVID-19 and how it spreads.