ON NOW: Discovery Centre invites you to dive into family fun this Summer!
Jump aboard a fantastical kid-sized submarine at Discovery Centre’s newest featured exhibit, Voyage to the Deep. Voyage to the Deep immerses visitors in an underwater exploration to learn how submarines work, discover weird and wonderful sea life, and take an imaginative journey as an aquanaut.
Voyage to the Deep is based on French author Jules Verne’s 1870 classic 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and brings to life the deep-sea adventures of Captain Nemo, his fantastical Nautilus submarine, and the mythical world he inhabited. Discovery Centre’s visitors can expect many hands-on learning opportunities about submarines and marine species and have fun letting their imaginations dive deep into an octopus garden and squid slide.
- A fantastical kid-sized submarine allows kids to explore how submarines work, investigate weird and wonderful sea life, and experience what it’s like to live on board
- Enter a shark’s belly — what did it eat?
- Discover Captain Nemo’s Cabinet of Curiosities and play his bubbly pipe organ
- Zip down a giant squid slide
- Find your way through a kelp forest
- Reveal the sunken city of Atlantis
Voyage to the Deep is ON NOW – Wed to Sun, 9am-4pm.