Marketing Coordinator (Co-op Position)
|Supervisor:||VP Discovery Centre International, under the directionof the
President & CEO
|Position Category:||Full time Co-op|
|Wage:||$17.00 per hour|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week; 16 weeks|
|Start Date:||April 24, 2023|
|ApplicationDeadline:||March 1, 2023|
For over 35 years, the Discovery Centre has developed a reputation for being Nova Scotia’s leader in the delivery of exciting hands-on, minds-on science programming for youth.
The main objective of this position is to develop a social media presence for Discovery Centre International, aproject operated by the Discovery Centre. The Marketing Coordinator will utilize their experience in social media to plan, execute, and maintain social media channels for the project.
Description of Tasks:
The Marketing Coordinator works in the Administration department and reports to the VP Discovery CentreInternational. The primary tasks of the position are:
- Assisting with social media planning for all channels; creating and maintaining business apps including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube
- Creating, maintaining, and and monitoring online and social media schedule of activities utilizingautomated digital marketing applications
- Leveraging web analytics and recommended strategies to improve web usage and digitalcontent; improving website traffic utilizing evaluation of analytics and other marketing channels
- Generating engaging graphic material for Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn posts
- Assisting in gathering data research on existing customers, new target markets and competitors
- Assistingintheprojectproposalwriting process
- Helping to coordinate virtual promotional presentations
- Performingotherrelevantdutiesas assigned
Education: Post-secondary studies in marketing, public relations, business development, communications,journalism, or a related discipline
Experience: Minimum of two years experience in digital media, marketing, communications, or public relations
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required; additional languages (especially French) considered an asset
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a high level of integrity
- Excellent time management
- Works well as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative
- Experience with all social media platforms, their respective audiences and how to manage andgrow reach
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization including keyword research and Google Analytics
- Experience with WordPress content management tools
- Basic design and video editing skills
- Knowledge in direct marketing, market segmentation, research, and data collection would be an asset
Eligibility: Applicants must be current students returning to post-secondary studies in Fall 2023 and must qualify for the Nova Scotia Co-Op Program in order to be considered.
The Marketing Coordinator will:
- Improve web traffic and social media engagement for Discovery Centre International
- Create and maintain a social media presence on all platforms
- Measure success of marketing efforts through analytics
This position is an excellent opportunity for any individual that is interested in marketing or communications, or who is interested in a career in social media management, public relations, or business development.
Applications are to be emailed to . Applicants are to submit their resume,cover letter, and references. Please note the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your email application. All applications will be reviewed but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest. Please note: this position is dependent upon receipt of funding.
Discovery Centre is committed to leveraging our facility, people, and programming to create inclusive spaces that ignite a passion for science and discovery. We are also committed to advancing diversity, inclusion, equity, and accessibility practices within our workplace, public
engagement spaces, and programming. Our Centre’s Board of Directors, management, and staff believe diverse participation and representation are essential and that our networks thrive when we create an inclusive and equitable culture where all people can see themselves reflected, feel respected, and have their contributionsvalued.
Discovery Centre promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, and we encourage applications from candidates who self-identify as a member of an underrepresented group, including Indigenous people (especially Mi’kmaq), people of Black/African descent (especially African Nova Scotians), members of other racialized groups, women, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. Ifyou need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation toaccommodation will be kept confidential.