Manager of Customer Relations (Maternity Leave Term)
Department: Sales and Marketing
Supervisor: Director, of Marketing & Communications
Position Category: Maternity Leave Term
Term Dates: One year term starting January 2023
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Sales, the Manager of Customer Relations position manages all customer communication and bookings for the Discovery Centre to achieve maximum efficiency, create consistency, and provide superior customer service. The Manager of Customer Relations is also responsible for sales outreach to potential groups and manages front desk staff and operations.
The Manager of Customer Relations must be extremely organized, have efficient administrative and communications skills. The successful candidate would be expected to provide rapid response time, maintain a positive work environment, and exemplary customer service through various forms of communication while personifying and representing the Discovery Centre in a professional manner.
- Together with education and marketing departments, coordinates program logistics for bookings and registrations.
- Supervises and supports bookings of all programs including customer communication, date selection, scheduling, calendar management, and invoicing.
- Provides pro-active sales outreach to potential group bookings.
- Executes programming agreements with external partnerships including professional client communication.
- Manages customer relations team members.
- Manages reservation and booking systems, and calendars.
- Provides rapid customer response time and exemplary customer service, whether by phone, in person, or via email.
- Maintains excellent communication with internal team on bookings including arrivals/departures, scheduling, and updates.
- Maintains an active database of contacts including teachers, and science educators.
- Stays current with all internal activities including, educational & public programs, exhibits, birthday parties & corporate packages, special events, etc., and is completely conversant in all pertinent details such as dates, times, costs, and requirements.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the front desk operation through management of the Front Desk and Discovery Shop team.
- Manage recruitment, onboarding, training, scheduling, and evaluation of all front desk staff.
- In combination with the front desk team, respond to customer inquiries/ feedback received in person, by phone, or by email.
- Manage member customer database, renewals and customer service.
- Maintain the POS system identifying changes or necessary upgrades.
- Together with Director Marketing & Sales and Retail Customer Service Specialist manage the Discovery Shop product selection and promotions.
- Although not maintaining a regular front desk shift, the Manager of Customer Relations may be required to provide occasional backup when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant post-secondary degree
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a customer service management role
- Superior organizational and communications skills
- Excellent customer service
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Financial accountability and reporting
- Able to maintain calm demeanor under pressure
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Creative and responsive in problem solving situations
- Adaptable to changing conditions in the workplace
- Bilingual preferred (French/English)
SCHEDULE AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position is located primarily in the admin office for 35 hours a week, Monday-Friday plus evening and weekend hours as required.
Applicants should submit their resume, cover letter and references to referencing the position name in the subject. All applications will be reviewed but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest.
Discovery Centre promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and embraces diversity. The Centre is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its work environment, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are considered for employment with the Centre.