Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Manager: Director, Human Resources
Position Category: Full Time – Permanent
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Human Resources Generalist provides expertise in the areas of recruitment, selection, compensation and benefits, attendance management, employee training and development, performance management and evaluation, forecasting and planning future workforce requirements, budgeting, and participating in employee and labour relations activities.
The generalist will play a crucial role in ensuring effective communication and timely response to human resource requests and inquiries. Additionally, they will be responsible for developing policies and procedures, managing the time scheduling software and processing payroll.
Recruitment, Hiring and Orientation
- Manages the recruitment, selection and onboarding/orientation process.
- Collaborates with the management team to discuss issues, training requirements, and needs related to recruitment and staffing.
- Develops, implements, and manages the centre’s recognition and incentive programs.
Payroll and Attendance Management
- Administers the payroll and attendance program.
- Supports managers in addressing attendance concerns, budgeting, and changes to job requirements including renumeration.
- Oversees performance management and goal-setting systems.
- Maintains and updates job requirements and job descriptions.
Health and Safety
- Provides oversight and direction to the Health and Safety committee to ensure the health and safety of employees and contractors.
- Liaises with workers’ compensation board regarding claims and case management, return to work programs, and transitional working requirements.
Other Duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate must have a post-secondary degree in Human Resources and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of human resources management. Experience in the provision of employee and labour relations preferred. Experience in Ceridian and Dayforce software. Must have a knowledge of relevant human resources regulations, principles, procedures, recruitment, employment equity, compensation, and human resources planning.
The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication, problem-solving and organizational skills. This position requires discretion and sensitivity in addressing personnel issues and dealing with confidential information.
SCHEDULE & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Monday – Friday (9am-5pm), may be required to work some weekends and holidays. This position primarily works in the office but there will be opportunities for the incumbent to work from home.
Applicants are required to submit their resume, cover letter and references to referencing the position name in the subject. All applications will be reviewed but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest.
Discovery Centre promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and embraces diversity. The Centre is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its work environment, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are considered for employment with the Centre.