The IMP Aerospace Flight Gallery allows the spirit to soar and the mind to explore in a unique and dynamic space.
Visitors will learn all about the forces of flight, lift, weight, thrust and drag, design and flight test their own planes, make objects hover mid-air, investigate a real aircraft, and practice flying first-hand with our incredibly realistic simulated flight experiences.
Highlights of the IMP Aerospace Flight Gallery include:
- Piper J-3 Cub Plane: Learn what it takes to be an aircraft maintenance technician and how it feels to be a pilot sitting in the cockpit of this real airplane.
- Bernoulli Blower: Discover how a difference in air pressure helps flight
- Rotor Cycle: Use your own pedalling power to spin and lift a helicopter blade.
- Flight Launcher: Test the success of your own flying creations by sending them shooting across the gallery.
- Piper Super Cub Flight Simulator: Start in the sky over Halifax and use your flight stick, throttle and gauges to pitch and roll over the province in this single-engine bush airplane.
- Beechcraft Baron Flight Simulator: Pilots should prepare for take-off at Halifax Stanfield Airport for this more challenging and powerful flight experience outfitted with yoke, pedals, flaps and trim control, landing gear and instrument panel with GPS map.