Teachers and chaperones are free of charge when attending a class trip at the Discovery Centre. Please make sure to place the correct number of teachers and students that will be attending your class trip on your booking form. Rates are subject to change.
|Centre Visit (All grades)||$6.00|
|Centre Visit (Teachers and Chaperones)||FREE|
SCIENCE IN THE CENTRE ADD-ON
|Student rate (PP-12)|
|Specialty Workshops||$5.50 (HST will be applies to all grade 8-12 visits)|
DOME THEATRE ADD-ON
|Student rate (P-G7/G8-12)|
|Live Star Show||$5:00|
|Film||$2.50 (HST will be applies to all grade 8-12 visits)|
SCIENCE ON THE ROAD
|Initial Program fee includes 2 workshops aor a whole school Demo||$300|
|Add-on 30 minute workshop||$60|
|Add-on 45-60 minute workshop||$100|
|Whole School Demo||$150|
PORTABLE DIGITAL PLANETARIUM
|Initial booking (4 sessions, 30-minutes each)||$300|
|We’re Wheely Moving||$180|
|Earth to Orbit||$180|
School trips and Education program rates policy:
- Teachers and chaperones attending a school trip are admission free, includes attending any programs and shows.
- Payment is due the date of your visit and can be made via cash, credit, debit or check made payable to the Discovery Centre. We can not invoice schools for payment after a visit.
- For cancellations, a $50 administrative fee for visits cancelled less than 72 hours notice, with no potential for re-booking. The full cost of your visit as shown on your confirmation will be charged upon arrival unless you notify us by e-mail or telephone of any changes, increases or decreases in numbers, by 4 p.m. one week prior to your visit.
- Memberships are not valid for school programs and field trips.
- Rates apply for groups of 12 or more paid admissions. All attendees must pay as part of the group at the corresponding rate. Workshops require a minimum of 12 paid students to run.
Did You Know? Every student deserves the opportunity to visit unique places of learning, but not all can afford it. Daytrippers Children’s Charity aims to remove financial barriers and enable enriched learning opportunities for in-need children across Canada. Daytrippers provides funding to help elementary students in lower-income and remote communities to experience learning opportunities from recognized educational and cultural institutions to help unlock their full potential. For more information, visit: https://daytrippers.ca/