STEAM Facilitator (Temporary)
Department: Science Education
Supervisor: Manager, Science Experience and Innovation
Position Category: Casual (March 1 to March 23, 2018)
Starting Salary: $11.30 per hour
Working Hours: Variable
Working with the staff and volunteers of the Visitor Experience team the main objective of the position is to deliver an exceptional experience to every Discovery Centre visitor. The STEAM Facilitator (SF) does this by providing an enthusiastic welcome to all our visitors, encouraging their interaction with the centre’s exhibits in addition to delivering programs and demonstrations on a variety of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) topics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a warm welcome to all Discovery Centre visitors
- Interact with and engage visitors in the exhibit galleries and offer them assistance using the exhibits, share additional information and invite discussion
- Open and close exhibit floors, assists in cleaning and maintaining exhibits
- Follow a daily team schedule
- Regularly check Discovery Centre email and work schedule
- Participate actively in training programs, staff meetings and other learning opportunities
- Keep up to date with the Centre’s OH&S Program
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Current enrolment in university (science or education program preferred), a university degree in a STEAM subject, Education, Communication or other relevant field. Must have exceptional communication skills – specifically in public speaking and/or performing, excellent customer service skills, experience working in a fast-paced environment, ability to approach problems with a creative and flexible outlook, and demonstrated aptitude for safe practices. Must have a clean criminal record check and child abuse registry check. Valid First Aid with CPR C certification is desirable.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Your resume and cover letter plus references needs to be combined into one document and be either a PDF or WORD format for consideration.