Period of Employment – 10 weeks from June 25 to Aug 31, 2018
Rate- $12.00 per hour/35 hours per week.
Application deadline – May 29, 2018
Are you an outgoing individual? Do you often start conversations with complete strangers? Are you secretly psyched about science? The Discovery Centre, Halifax’s newest, world-class attraction, is looking for you to join its team as a Brand Ambassador this summer.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Brand Ambassador is responsible for the implementation of the organization’s promotional strategy to engage waterfront and downtown visitors creating awareness of the new location and encouraging Discovery Centre visitation.
The Brand Ambassador is a highly motivated, high energy individual with passion and experience for engaging the public in promotional activity.
- Develop a calendar of activity with consideration of the local events and the cruise ship schedule
- Develop a promotional program using internal resources to source content and ideas
- Pilot the famous Bubble Bike while generating excitement among families using demonstrations, handing out collateral material and encouraging Discovery Centre visitation
- Represent Discovery Centre at public events with demonstrations and promotions
- Communicate with external partners, event organizers and neighbouring businesses to gain access to properties and events.
- Work with the marketing department to promote appearances on social media
Qualifications & Experience:
- Full-time enrollment in a post-secondary program for both the 2017/18 and 2018/19 school year (preferably studying Marketing, Public Relations, Science or Education)
- Previous promotional representation, retail experience or other relevant work experience
- Works well independently and is accountable to a schedule of activity and deliverables
- Great organizational and communication skills
Schedule & Work Environment:
- The Brand Ambassador position requires a flexible work schedule which may include evening, weekend and holiday hours
- The Brand Ambassador position requires time spent outside in a variety of summer weather elements
How to apply:
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements for the Young Canada Works Program. Applications are to emailed to . Please name electronic documents with your name included (eg. jane_doe_resume.doc), please indicate the position being applied for. All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. A full commitment to the employment dates is required.